200HR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IMMERSION IN SAYULITA, MEXICO
January 13 to February 1, 2018
Ring in the new year with us in the bohemian surf town of Sayulita, Mexico. Your Yoga Alliance accredited teacher training immersion will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the study of yoga while you experience life in this charming Mexican town. Sayulita was chosen for this training immersion because of it's unique blend of old world tradition with a laid-back bohemian vibe.
Our 200 hour Aligned Flow Yoga Teacher Training immersions are designed to make yoga accessible. It doesn't matter what age you are or what level you you're at, we work with you where you're currently at. And move beyond the asana to create a well-rounded practice that brings strength to all aspects of your life.
*GRADUATION FROM OUR PROGRAM ENABLES YOU TO REGISTER WITH YOGA ALLIANCE
Villa Sayulita is charming retreat centre located just north of the town square and 2 blocks from the beach. On site you will find two yoga shalas, beautiful pool with palapa, organic perma garden, mango orchard, restaurant, gardens and a temazcal.
Each room has a private bathroom, kitchenette, air conditioner and balcony or patio.
Students will have the opportunity to book single or shared rooms.
SINGLE SUITE: king bed, kitchenette & private bath
SHARED SUITE: two double beds, kitchenette & private bath
Room selection is based on availability. If you are looking to book a shared room, we will do our best to pair you with a roommate, if possible. If you book a shared room, but we were unable to pair you with someone, please note you will be responsible for the balance for single suite booking
In addition to experiencing life in this charming bohemian town, your accommodation package at this immersion include will also include:
• welcome dinner
• daily breakfast and lunch on site
Daily breakfast and lunch will be served in the community garden and prepared at the on-site restaurant. Featuring local and organic foods to fuel and satisfy yogis.
ADDITONAL MEALS & BEVERAGES:
*You are always welcome to order off the menu or order from the natural smoothie bar on site. Please note that any additional meals, drinks and smoothies not on the daily menu are your responsibility. *Dinners will be on your own. Choose from the many options in Sayulita or use your in suite kitchen to prepare meals.
*Please let us know in advance of any severe food allergies. For those choosing a gluten-free diet (example) we will inform the restaurant and they will do their best to accommodate.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW & CIRCULUM:
Delve into the history, foundation & philosophy of yoga, yoga sutras, yamas & niyamas for the modern yogi.
- intro to the history, foundation and philosophy of yoga
- yoga sutras, yamas and niyamas for the modern yogi
Learn intro pranayama and meditation techniques to enhance your practice and teachings. Daily meditation and pranayama practice helps to connect body, mind and spirit to the practice.
- into to pranayama, different pranayama & breath techniques
- into to meditation along with the teachings of various styles and types of meditation and how to enhance your practice and teachings.
- practical studies to help bring these elements into your practice and teaching
We bring a hands-on practical approach to the study of anatomay for yoga to give you a solid understanding for your practice and teaching.
- intro to anatomy and how it relates to the practice and teaching of yoga
- intro to commun injuries and how to accommodate, avoid and work with them
Learn the foundation and principles of the Aligned Flow Method through the teaching of asanas.
- learn the foundation and principles of the placement of the body within the posture and how that translates to your own body.
- hands-on study of postures with modifications and use of props
- energetic and physical foundation and benefits of postures
- intro to sub-styles of yoga that compliment the Aligned Flow Method (yin, restorative, etc)
Your journey into the Art of Aligned Teaching module takes place half way through the program and will draw upon what you have learned on this journey. You will be introduced to the Aligned Flow Method and how it relates to teaching. We believe that teaching comes from within and has little to do with how much you can do on your mat. Our teaching module will ensure that you graduate with the skill, knowledge, confidence and voice needed to allow you to teach from the heart and produce mindful, intelligent and inspiring classes for your students.
- recap of postures with use of props
- art of assists and adjustments and learning how to direct energy for safe assists
- learn the art of intelligent and mindful sequencing and how to make your classes unique and inspiring
- finding your voice and building confidence along the way
- creating and developing yoga classes, creating the yoga experience and the art of savasana
- teaching to different levels and respecting the beginner yogi
- art of cueing using the Aligned Flow Method (our cueing techniques work and allow you, the teacher, to move your students through the practice with confidence, clarity and mindfulness)
- practicals to help you build confidence, skill and authentic voice
- business of yoga, yoga ethics and the student teacher relationship
*whether you are pursuing a teaching path or not, our program will help you build confidence and learn skills that will help you forge ahead in whatever path you take
We believe in the art of giving back and our Tulum based teacher training immersion students bring the act of 'seva' or selfless giving into the practice and teachings through work with Help Tulum Dogs. We will bring this same concept into all of our destination training immersions by working with a local charity to raise money to support their cause.
Our Sayulita immersion will bring us into contact with Sayulita Animalitos, a local non-profit working to help dogs and cats in need in Sayulita, Mexico.
If you'd like more information on this charity and how you can help in advance of arriving, please check out their site: https://sayulitanimals.org/volunteer/
• course manuals, daily training & graduation certificate
• single or shared accommodations for duration of training
• daily breakfasts & lunch
• welcome dinner & graduation beach bonfire
• ground transportation to and from Puerto Vallarta Airport airport (PVR)
• dinners, additional meals & beverages outside of the meal plan
• additional recommended reading materials
• 4% tax, tips & gratuities at hotel
Your daily schedule will depend on which immersion you're joining. But here is a general example of what your day at our Sayulita immersion may look like:
• 8:00am-9:15am – yoga class & meditation
• 9:30am – 10:00 – breakfast
• 10:15am-2:00pm – theory, group discussions & training
• 2:00pm-2:30pm – lunch
• 2:45pm-5:45pm – practicals & training
End of day: optional evening class, dinner out, etc.
Our daily schedule may vary depending on what we are covering that day and off-site training days.
ARE THERE ANY PREREQUISITES?
We require you to have some previous yoga experience and to be in a healthy condition with an open mind and heart.
IM NOT VERY FLEXIBLE...
Yoga is not about how flexible or un-flexible you are. Yoga is about self-discovery and reconnecting. Opening up is all a part of the journey. And teaching from where you are actually makes you a stronger teacher.
WHAT WILL I EXPEREINCE?
This course and program is a labor of dedication and love. We hope your experience is filled with insight, self-discovery and growth and so much more! You’ll experience and explore the physical side of the practice which is guaranteed to leave you feeling invigorated! To balance this out, we’ll explore the spiritual side of the practice and yoga off the mat.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME??
What you give, you get back. We hope that you will come prepared to be engaged and inspired. That you will open your mind and hearts to this journey and respect the rest and dedication this journey requires. In the end, it's your journey... but we hope that you come prepared to commit to the intensive and all that it entails and some of the rules (ie: cel phones off during training) that are implemented.
*space is limited to 12 - 14 students
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE THE PLUNGE?
To register for your immersion, please follow theses simple steps:
Fill out the online registration form
Secure your space by submitting the $450usd deposit
Check your inbox for confirmation email
Start preparing for your study vacation!
On your registration form there is a deposit payment option to pay by PayPal or via credit card. If you wish to use an alternate payment choice, please see the following options and guidelines.
Transferwise or bank transfer:
Create an account and then enter the amount to pay, enter the email email@example.com and Richelle Morgan as the name, then payment is completed on this end. Transferwise has a lower fee of about $15 and will keep you updated on the transfer.
Bank transfer: If you require bank account information, we will send once we receive your registration form.
Availible for our Canadian friends. Send your payment via online banking to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to send a seperate message with your deposit password so we can complete the process.
Please make sure to take time to read our policies and guidelines for registrations.
- I understand that this teacher training course will be both physically and mentally challenging, and that I need to respect my body and it’s energy levels.
- I am also aware that yoga is a physical practice and I take full responsibility for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the program as a result of my doing. I take full responsibility for my own health and well-being during the course and will not hold Yoga Dicha or any of the teaching staff responsible for injuries or other medical problems that might occur
- I understand that the course deposit of 450 USD is non-refundable and that remaining tuition paid is 100% refundable up until 60 days before course start date, after which time, it becomes non-refundable as well
- I understand that Yoga Dicha & Aligned Flow Teacher Training follows the curriculum guidelines of the Yoga Alliance; and therefore, requires all participants to show up, participate, and commit 100% to the course. Students who give 100% will almost certainly graduate successfully. Those who do not may jeopardize their certification
- Please note that all initial deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Balance of your immersion program is due 20 days prior to start date.
1. Cancellations on or 20 days prior to yoga teacher training immersion start dates are non-refundable and non-transferable. This cancellation policy is strict and firm. If you need to leave the immersion early there are no refunds or pro-rates.
2. If you cancel your trip 30 days before start date, 25% of your payment may be used as credit for another immersion at our Tulum, Mexico studio to be taken within one year of your original immersion date or we will gladly transfer your credit to another student of your choice for the date of your cancelled immersion.
3. Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for a students arriving late or leaving early.
4. While we have never cancelled an immersion to date, if YDS/AFYTT must cancel a booked immersion date for any reason, you may transfer your full retreat payment to another immersion date on the schedule. YDS/AFYTT is not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled teacher training immersions, such as airline tickets, loss of work, and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip.
“You” refers to the guest booking a retreat.
“We” refers to Yoga Dicha Studio (YDS) & Aligned Flow Yoga Teacher Training (AFYTT).
Send us a Message
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Let us know what questions you may have and how we can help with your application process.
If you are unsure of where to stay or look for accommodations for Tulum immersions, let us know and we can help with suggestions based on budget and comfort levels you need.
Alternatively you can reach us via whatsapp:
+52 1 984.165.9800